I'm normally on top of the new Shakespeare movies coming out, but this article about "rebooted Shakespeare" hints at a few I didn't know about:
- Anonymous. Enough said.
- Coriolanus. Yup.
- Al Pacino's King Lear? Heard about it, didn't know it was still going forward.
- How about another Richard III (courtesy of Mr. Pacino ), entitled Pell Mell and set in the 1960's?
- Maybe Romeo and Juliet retold (what, again?) this time about a Jewish family versus an Italian family. Wait...do Jews and Italians have an ancient grudge I didn't know about?
- Then there's Rosaline, which we've mentioned.
- Or Hamlet told from Ophelia's point of view? Insert joke here about that movie only being half as long as Hamlet, and getting really confusing at the end ;).